Live chat
Speak with a care advisor.
Skip to navigation | Skip to content | Skip to footer

8. Care Assessment

Help & advice

This article is designed to help explain the process of going into care and the various different steps to be taken throughout the process.

Share this article

Care Needs Assessment

If you feel that you or a loved one may be in need of some kind of care, or a doctor recommends it, then your specific requirements will need to be assessed by your local social services.

A care needs assessment as the name suggests is an assessment of your care needs by your local authority, it is also officially known as a 'Section 47 care assessment'.

Your Local authority is required by law to provide public information that tells people about how they can obtain a care assessment, what form the care assessment will take and also what types of help they, as a local authority, can provide - this can and very often does vary between different Local Authorities so do check with yours or that of the person who requires the assessment.

A link to find your Local Authorities can be found here