Live chat
Speak with a care advisor.
Skip to navigation | Skip to content | Skip to footer

7. Benefit Entitlements

Help & advice

This category covers the different benefits which a person who is in care may be entitled to.

Share this article

Winter Fuel Payment

If you were born on or before the 5th May 1953 you could receive between £100 and £300 tax-free to help cover the cost of heating your home in the Winter months. Most payments are made automatically between November and December directly into the claimant’s bank account.

In order to make your first claim for Winter Fuel Payment you can do so by calling: 03459 15 15 15. You will need to know your National Insurance (NI) number, your bank or building society details and the date you were married or entered into a civil partnership (if appropriate). You can also claim by post, download a postal application form here.

Receiving Winter Fuel Payment will not affect any other benefits you currently receive.

For further information and support please see: